Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not really a minimal shoe
The Brooks PureConnect 2 is easily my favorite of the PureProject shoes I’ve worn (though I have not worn the PureGrit). It’s not really a minimal shoe, thanks to the ample cushioning and prominent arch support, but it is a nice lightweight shoe with a smooth transition, plenty of cushion, and a good response. It’s a versatile shoe that I’ve found works well for everything from easy runs to tempo-paced speedwork. While I’m…unhappy…about stockpiling several pairs of the ugly color Launch just to find out they’re bringing back one Adidas Superstar Womens of the nicer color schemes, I am glad that I had a reason to revisit the PureConnect, and I’m satisfied with the changes to the upper that Brooks made to the second iteration of the shoe.Full disclosure: The pair of PureConnect 2 in these photos is a pair that I won in Brooks’ PureProject on the Run Nike Air Odyssey Womens contest, but I’ve also bought a few of the originals, as well as a pair of the PureConnect 2 before I found out that I won the contest.I enjoyed your article and videos that were posted. I have only one thing to disagree on. Don’t get me wrong, she is a phenomenal athlete and she is very talented for her age and will do many great things in her life especially in running. I believe that her times in the mile, and the 2 mile should not be counted as the American high school for a couple of reasons. One, she didn’t run those times in a Nike Air Force 1 Womens high school race, she ran them in a professional race with all professional athletes. This pushed her to run that fast of a time, because in a high school race there would no way she could run that fast with no one pushing her. So in other words, she was helped to run those times so I believe she could Nike Air Max 90 Mens not run those times in a high school track meet, where she would need to run that time to fairly have the American high school record. Other than that, I enjoyed your article and it was very well written.A lot of times posts to the Runblogger Facebook wall will garner comments that are pretty benign – maybe Nike Air Vapormax Mens an occasional debate about the merits of a particular shoe, but not much more than that. Yesterday I was alerted to a post on Gizmodo about a new shoe from Reebok called the ATV 19+, and I couldn’t resist sharing it on FB. The response Nike Air Max 95 Femme was rather strong to say the least!When I first saw the ATV 19+, my immediate thought was “Here they go again.” Reebok seems more interested in making crazy looking shoes rather than functional shoes, and to be honest this one looks ridiculous. The first comparison that came to mind for me was a www.anbilazio.it tardigrade (also known as a water bear, they can survive years in formaldehyde and return to life!):One of the commenters on Facebook said the shoe reminded him of the planet Koosbane:

I can’t wait to see the commercials for this shoe, hopefully they won’t be as creepy as the “76 Buddies” commercials that Nike Dunk Sky High Mujer Reebok made for their Realflex shoes:In an article on Fastcompany.com, author Chuck Salter reports that “”…Reebok bills (the ATV 19+) as the first all-terrain athletic shoe.” Salter writes that inspiration for the shoe came from one of those crazily bouncing Reaction Balls (apparently not the Tardigrade, much to the disappointment of invertebrate biologists everywhere), and says that:While they were unable to mimic the ball’s random action, the team discovered that the shoe they’d designed actually gave athletes more stability, Nike Air Max 2017 Femme particularly on uneven ground. The 19 walnut-size nodes work like the large-tread tires of an ATV digging through mud to find traction. “The nodes down the center are the ones you run on,” says McInnis. “The ones on the side function like training wheels. When you land on different terrain, you’re Adidas ZX Flux Womens protected.”